concerning the holiday home located in 91026 Mazara del Vallo, Via Mare del Sud 17-19, Sicily, Italy, hereinafter referred to as ‘the rented’, under the following Terms and Conditions,.
1. RENTAL AND RENT
The rented property may be occupied by no more than 4 persons and the tenant is not allowed to rent out or rent out the rented property in whole or in part to others. No pets are allowed in the rented property without the prior written permission of the landlord. It is not allowed to smoke in the rented.
2. RENTAL PERIOD AND PRICE
The rental period with the start and end dates is determined by separate agreement. Longer stays are only allowed with prior written permission from the landlord. The rental price is determined separately for this period and must be paid in advance by bank transfer, PayPal or a generally accepted credit card. The rent is the amount for the use of the holiday home, including use of the fixed inventory, electricity and 1 full gas bottle. Included are sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, tea towels and blankets for 4 persons.
3. MINIMUM STAY
The holiday home must be rented for at least three (3) consecutive nights. Longer stays may apply for holiday periods. If a guest books less than 3 nights, at least the 3 night rate will be charged.
4. NO DAILY CLEANING SERVICE
Although a clean package of bed linen and towels is included, no daily cleaning or assistance is offered, unless otherwise agreed (daily cleaning is possible for an additional fee, please ask us in advance).
A reservation payment of € 250 (in words two hundred and fifty euros) is necessary. This must be paid within 14 days after making the reservation and can be done by bank transfer to the landlord’s bank, aforementioned. This deposit is automatically converted into a security deposit upon arrival.
On arrival, the tenant pays a deposit of € 250 (in words two hundred and fifty euros) to the landlord, if applicable, to be deducted from the reservation payment (see 5. Reservation).This landlord will repay the tenant to the tenant at the end of the lease, less what the tenant owes the landlord (see Articles 7 and 10).This deposit is not rent, but is fully refundable within 14 days of departure if the following requirements are met.
- No damage has been caused to the home or household effects, except through normal use
- No fines have been imposed for illegal activities, pets, other rental or ordered services during the stay
- All waste has been disposed of in the appropriate containers and all used kitchen inventory has been cleaned and tidied up
- All keys are left on the kitchen table and the house is left locked
- All bills related to the stay have been paid before departure
- No linen is missing or damaged
- No early arrival or late check out
- Parking and discount passes are left in the home before departure
- The tenant has not been evicted from the accommodation by the owner (or owner’s representative) or the police
An initial payment equal to 25% of the rental rate must be paid immediately when making the reservation by bank transfer to the landlord’s bank or another payment method specified by him.
A second payment, equal to 25% of the rental rate, must be paid no later than 60 days before arrival.The remainder of the travel sum must be paid no later than 30 days before arrival. When renting through a third party such as HomeAway, Booking.com and others, the method of payment submitted by them applies.
If, for any reason, the tenant cannot, does not or will not accept the rented property on the agreed date, he must immediately inform the landlord of this. A telephone notification must be confirmed in writing or by email.
- For cancellations made more than 60 days prior to arrival, 25% of the agreed rental price will be charged as cancellation costs or € 250 (whichever is greater).
- If the tenant cancels the agreement in the period from 60 days but more than 30 days before the start date of the rental period, he will still owe 50% of the rent mentioned under 2.
- In case of cancellation from 30 days up to the start date of the rental period, he remains due 100% of the rental price mentioned under 2.
- If the tenant states first on the start date or during the rental period that he will no longer use the rented accommodation, he will still owe the full rental price as referred to under 2.
- If the holiday home is still rented out (the old tenant can, if he wishes, arrange for a new tenant himself, provided this is through the intermediary or landlord), the rent that the tenant should pay in accordance with the above provisions will be reduced by the amount that the landlord receives from the new tenant over that period. In this case, the old tenant owes the landlord an extra 15% for extra commission and administration, acquisition and advertising costs, excluding VAT.
9. OBLIGATIONS OF THE LANDLORD
The landlord is obliged to make the rented property available to the tenant in good condition at the agreed date and time.
10. OBLIGATIONS OF THE TENANT
The tenant is obliged to use the rented property properly and to leave the rented property in good condition, neat and tidy. Major cleaning costs are not included in the rental price. These are € 60 per week and must be paid locally.
The landlord is not liable for accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur during a stay in or around the house. The landlord is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables.The tenant is liable for damage to the rented property, including damage to or loss of (part of) the inventory caused during the rental period, unless the tenant can demonstrate that the damage cannot be attributed to him, his family members or guests. The amount that is paid out under any insurance will be deducted from the damage amount.
The fireplace is only fired with small wooden pallets. It is forbidden to throw paper or other flammable materials in the fireplace. The fireplace must be switched off between 15 May and 15 October. The fireplace cannot be used during this period.
13. REPAIR COSTS
The costs of normal maintenance and repair of defects are at the expense of the landlord. If defects occur, the tenant must immediately notify the intermediary and follow his instructions as much as possible. Any costs incurred by the tenant in this context will be refunded to the tenant by the landlord in consultation and on submission of itemized bills.
14. DELIVERY PERFORMANCE
If the landlord and intermediary do not fulfill their obligations, the tenant has the right to demand performance and / or compensation. If the breach of contract gives sufficient reason to do so, the tenant has the right to dissolve the agreement without the intervention of a judge. If the tenant wishes to exercise this right, he must immediately inform the intermediary in writing, stating reasons. In that case, the intermediary will immediately refund the rent in whole or in part, depending on the nature and duration of the breach. The tenant reserves the right to compensation.
15. TENDER PERFORMANCE
If the tenant has not paid the rent on the due date or does not fulfill other obligations under this agreement, the intermediary has the right to demand performance and / or compensation. If the breach of contract gives sufficient reason to do so, the intermediary has the right to dissolve the agreement without the intervention of a judge. If the intermediary wishes to exercise this right, he must immediately inform the tenant in writing and stating the reasons. The landlord reserves the right to compensation.
Disputes arising from this agreement can be submitted to the Royal Dutch Tourism Association ANWB, established in The Hague, The Netherlands, provided the requesting party is a member of the ANWB. Costs may be associated with the treatment by the ANWB.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
The lease takes place under the following general conditions:
- The tenant declares to personally occupy the rented object, to inhabit it as a ‘good family man’ and to maintain it properly.
- All devices are in operation; complaints submitted more than 24 hours after arrival at the rented property will not be accepted.
- Repairs that are necessary as a result of damage caused by negligence or bad use of the rented object are at the expense of the tenant. The tenant also ensures that no nuisance is caused in the neighborhood.
- The rented property is rented out furnished and is equipped with kitchen utensils, crockery, glasses, blankets and pillows.
- If necessary, the landlord or his representative is entitled to charge an amount for cleaning the rented property on departure of the tenant, as well as an amount for the value of objects, furniture or materials that are broken, soiled, destroyed or damaged and those items that have been used during the rental other than for which they are intended, the price of cleaning dirty blankets, compensation for any damage to curtains, wallpaper, ceilings, carpets, rugs, windows, beds, etc.
- The tenant indicates that he is insured against the legal liability associated with rent (fire and water damage). In case of non-insurance, the tenant is liable for the costs of the damage and the interest on these costs.
- The landlord is obliged to insure the rented property and the tenant is obliged to warn the landlord within 24 hours in case of damage in the building and the outbuildings or associated buildings.
- The tenant may not refuse the landlord access to the rented property if the landlord or his representative requests it.
- Dissolving conditions: In the event of non-payment of rent and / or other agreed additional costs such as electricity or gas, or in the event of non-compliance with one of the conditions of the contract and 8 days after an unsuccessful reminder , the landlord can terminate the lease with immediate effect.